1. We are lucky enough to be on the tour route for The Peach Truck, a fact I discovered way too late in the game last summer. I bought a bunch and froze them at the end of the season but haven’t used them like I thought I would. When my in-laws visited for the day last weekend I finally put some of them to good use and made this peach crisp recipe. So good!
2. The other night I had Pandora on, turned to the Kriss Kross station of course, and Salt-N- Pepa’s Push It came on. I turned it off right in the middle of the song, then turned around and realized Jacob was still singing it. I just about died laughing!
3. Life feels like it’s been catching up with me because I’ve been ignoring the projects on my to-do list because I just don’t want to give up precious weekend time doing weekend-y things with my guys to do things like organize my house. So I did the responsible thing and I put in for a vacation day conveniently at the start of March Madness, when I know I can have the morning to myself to tackle chores and then spend the afternoon hanging with my husband and watching basketball instead of working. 😉
4. But spending the day hanging out here sounds pretty good too!
5. I don’t like buying books for myself very often because they cost money and then take up space in my house (and I have plenty of other stuff to take care of that thank you), plus I rarely re-read a book. I’ve been getting everything I’ve been reading lately from the library which is great, except for when you are working your way slowly through a book and then the due date hits and you can’t renew it because there’s 30 some other requests in for it and you don’t want to get in the back of that line, so you buckle down and just finish it. Now that I think about it, maybe that’s a good thing since it helped get me moving on it. 🙂
6. They’re making an apartment complex out of old cargo containers here in Columbus as an option for more affordable housing. I kind of love that I live in a city that’s embracing an idea like that!
7. I know that last month I said I kind of wanted some pretty snow, but here we are a month later and Mother Nature did not deliver so now I’m ready to just move on to spring and the gift of weather nice enough to get outdoors on the weekend – we’re getting a little stir crazy over here! And even though I’m sure there’s tons of indoor toddler activity ideas hanging out over on Pinterest, I’m just the mom who would rather let her kid play with his cars and favorite race track for the 5 millionth time and thankfully he doesn’t seem to mind that either. 🙂
Linking up for 7 Quick Takes…