1. I love treating myself to flowers and because you can always spend less than $10 and get some beauties at Trader Joe’s, so that’s always my go to place. For at least the past month red alstroemeria and eucalyptus were my go to, but with the eucalyptus gone from their stock we went with white hydrangeas and those pretty purple flowers Jacob’s holding. He picked them out, insisted on carrying them, and then helped me put them in a vase when we got home. Little lovey. 🙂
2. I’ve been fighting the idea, but I think I’ve finally decided to go back to being about 90% dairy free. It was easy to do the first time around because we suspected our son had a dairy allergy (and it’s since been confirmed) and since I was nursing, me giving up dairy relieved the signs of the allergy for him. Now that it’s purely for my own benefit of feeling better and healthier looking skin, it’s much harder to stick to it. Wish me luck!
3. Reading news story after news story about all that’s going on in our country, catching this cute zoo animal tweet off was just what I needed to feel a little more positive. So much cuteness, and the sloth tweet made me laugh!
4. Speaking of everything going on in our country lately, Bridget and Hallie had posts about it that resonated with me this week for different reasons. Bridget’s post described pretty much exactly the same reasons for typically not being vocal about politics, and Hallie’s reference to the struggle of whether or not it feels appropriate to stay positive, feeling like you can’t ignore the elephant in the room, and encouraging feeling joy each day guilt free really hit home for me. The day of the women’s march I got my hair cut and couldn’t help but felt a little shitty as I watched all these posts and videos on social media of women who were doing something of actual importance. Ugh.
5. And back to the fluff…I went to the store the other day and Africa by Toto was playing as I walked out. I can’t for the life of me hear that song without picturing this video of Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard. Remember it? It really makes me want to be friends with them! They have to be incredibly fun.
6. I don’t remember paying attention to any of the Bachelor/Bachelorette shows since I was in college and watched Trista and Ryan’s wedding special, but I let myself get talked into watching Bachelor in Paradise last summer. Now we have a low stakes Bachelor bracket going on (the loser each week brings in a dessert to share) so I can’t help but watch this season of the Bachelor. Rachel, Raven, and Vanessa are my favorite and I’m getting so annoyed by Corinne. I picked her to stick around one more week but I wouldn’t mine being wrong and seeing her leave sooner than I thought she would. 🙂 Are you watching, and if so who’s your favorite?!
7. I found these boots in brown on clearance for $15 this weekend at Target. I’ve been in love with them since I saw Shea wear them (especially paired a black top, my fav combination of colors!), but I need to decide whether they look right on me or if my 5’9″ frame leaves the top of them not quite hitting me high enough on my leg. We’ll see!
Linking up over at This Ain’t the Lyceum…