Because it’s fun, linking up with Kelly for 7 quick takes (late to the party, any party as usual!)…
1. We headed up to northwest Ohio over the weekend to see my husband’s family and being out in the country was just what I needed. It felt great to just let Jacob explore outside without the need to redirect him every 5 seconds because he’s venturing into someone else’s yard like we have to do at our house. Jacob’s favorite addition to Grandma and Grandpa’s house though? Schmitty the kitty! The sweetest little kitten that tolerated a toddler wanting to constantly hug him.
2. I have been in a serious funk lately. I’m quick to blame a really busy time at work, but the reality is that we’re now in a place where about 6 total months out of the year are a really busy time so I need to find a way to cope. Hallie’s post last week about choosing to change your frame of mind and her tips for doing that really spoke to me so I’m trying to incorporate some of her ideas!
3. But before I read her post I might’ve done some stress shopping at Marshall’s…good thing I only found one thing I wanted, and it was only $15!
4. Jacob had a sick day this week and I gladly used it as an excuse to hold him during a long nap and binge watch Bachelor in Paradise. It was a wonderful distraction to keep me from thinking about the size of my inbox when I went back to work and it made me feel more legit about owning this t-shirt.
5. Mango pineapple vodka and lemonade for the win lately because as much as I love fall, maybe I’m not quite ready for it yet.
6. In the past week and a half I’ve taken my parents and then my brother, his fiancée, and two of her siblings to the airport to fly out to San Francisco to visit our family and it made me really sad we’re missing out on the trip this year. I’m hoping that we can at least plan a smaller trip sometime soon because I need a vacation!!
7. Anybody have any funny podcasts to recommend? The more inappropriate the content, the better. 😉 We’ll be reaching the time of year at work soon where I can put in headphones and keep busy with tasks that don’t require talking to people as much and I need some comedy that I don’t have to pay close attention to, but it’ll still keep me in a good mood. Awhile ago Candis from The Jones Market gave some of her recommendations on Snapchat and I listed to 2 Dope Queens because of that and LOVED it!